DEAN'S FALL 2016 GUIDE TO PRACTICAL BUSINESS WORKSHOP
- You must have at least a 2.75 GPA to submit your registration application.
- Registration is limited to the first 50 students who qualify.
- Only 1 excused absence is allowed. Must email Dean Braun prior to absence to be excused.
- CBA Reward Points: 25 points for each session attended, 150 bonus for completing all (300 points total).
- This workshop is comprised of 6 sessions, detailed below:
- Dining Etiquette - Monday, August 22, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Participants will attend a four-course dinner, courtesy of the Dean, and will learn about business etiquette at receptions, banquets and business dinners.
- Dressing for Success - Monday, August 29, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Participants will learn about appropriate business formal, business casual, casual and formal attire.
- Interviewing - Monday, September 12, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Participants will learn the appropriate steps to prepare for an interview including researching the company and interviewer and tailoring your qualifications to the company.
- Networking - Monday, September 19, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Participants will learn the fundamentals of business networking including networking on social media and networking at company and conference events. Students will receive copies of "How to Work a Room" and "Never Eat Alone" courtesy of the Dean.
- Business Travel - Monday, September 26, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
Participants will learn how to plan business travel including airline reservations, ground transportation, hotels, and restaurants. Participants will learn about points programs and rewards leading to free travel and lodging.
- Dining Wine - Monday, October 3, 5:30-7:30 p.m.
The selection and consumption of wine is often an intimidating experience for people at a business dinner. Participants will learn the basics regarding types of wine, wine tasting and matching food and wine.